Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lift Them Up


Please pray for Paul and Melanie Billings. They are missionaries in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and are currently in Hungary where Paul is awaiting surgery to repair damage done by kidney stones earlier this year. His surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 11th. They have 2 boys and are expecting another child in the new year. Here is a poem dedicated to them:
Reaching to the sun
bending to the wind
the wind does blow
and I bend
I am bending
bare - blown - trusting.
oaks of righteousness have small beginnings
dry deserts have their season of rain
the water falls and goes deep
and the sun never fails to bring life
(see Ps. 84 esp. verse 12 and Isaiah 61:3)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Will be praying. Hey, I like what you did with your blog. Nice header. How did you do it?

Olya Velichko said...

I will be praying!!! I thought Paul was feeling better.